Monday, August 6, 2012

Riding the Emotional Roller Coaster

Been riding the emotional roller coaster.  One weekend Eric came by to visit and I had to ask him to leave as he got too angry.  I have noticed that his girlfriend is alienating him from those who care for him.  Eric did not like my observation and therefore was very angry with me.   I spent the last week praying and sulking.  There were a few things that the Lord used to lift me out of the blues.  Lunch with a girlfriend and a beautiful summer evening wedding at an old mansion in downtown Denver.  Then on Saturday we attended a picnic in beautiful Evergreen, Colorado.  Always so thankful to the Lord for blessing me with beauty.  Sunday afternoon Eric called.  Although, he still is not being honest, we are pleased that he wants to maintain some form of relationship and contact.

We have a new addition to our family.  A friend of mine who just had a baby, gifted me with her beloved guinea pig named Snowy.  My friend used to teach, but now that the baby has come she is staying home.  She used to have Snowy in the classroom for the kids on Fridays.  There is a chance that Snowy may go back once the baby is sleeping through the night.  Just have to see.  Until then, the kitties, well, they are learning to share their domain with a pig.  Dusty is fine with Snowy, they touched noses the first day they met.  Daisy however, being only 2 years old, wants to play.   

1 comment:

sherry said...

bless you oh so dearly..
prayer rising.