Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Out of Control?

I don't know about you, but the state of affairs in this world looks to be chaos.  Total chaos!  I could go on and on about it, but I am sure you know all about it.  Everything that is going on makes my head spin so much that it makes me ill.  How about you?

Tonight I read in my devotional titled "Not My Worry" about God's great power, wisdom and mighty strength.  Psalm 55:22 says, "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you." and Isaiah 40:28-31 says, "He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

So when we are tempted to feel despair, lets turn our eyes upon God.  Jesus has overcome the world.  He is our Redeemer, our Sovereign Lord; definitely He's got this, no problem.  The best part is that He is coming.  Lets look up, for our redemption draws near.  In the meantime, lets do as the below message advises...lets carry on in His service till He calls us home.

http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.com/history/

No comments: