Thursday, November 12, 2015

Autumn Reflection Time

Autumn, the season of color.  In Autumn the air takes on a nip.  Sweaters & blankets appear and wrap us in warmth.  Pumpkins and apples grace our tables and fires and candles make things cozy.  Let us take some time today to think about Autumn and the wonderful season God made for us.  Take time to reflect on the aspects of this lovely season that give you pleasure.  Listed below are some of mine.

Apples & Pumpkins - for eating, in drinks, and just so pretty to look at on their own.


Leaves - all the different colors, shapes and sizes.  I love how the sunlight shines on them in the evening making them glow.  And I love how they look against a clear blue sky.



Sweaters - I love the warmth they bring to a chilly day and how they complete an outfit.  I love the patterns of knit, the colors and textures.


Hats, Gloves & Scarves - I have all kinds of scarves and knit hats.  It is so fun to add them to my outfit and the warmth they bring is so necessary.


 Blankets - the warmth of a blanket on a chilly night is so comforting.  I love the oversized throw blankets with woolly fleece or down.


Candles - I especially like the scents they have in Autumn, apple, smokey scents, spicy cinnamon, pumpkin, etc.



Hot Beverages - nothing says Autumn like hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick, hot chocolate, chai tea, hot coffee with an Autumn flavored creamer.  So yummy!


Pie - I absolutely adore pie and Autumn pies are special to me.  Apple, pumpkin, and custard pie are my favorites.


Soup & Bread - Autumn has the perfect weather for soup & bread.  So warming, healthy and tasty.  My favorite soups are my Grandmother's minestrone and a good Irish potato soup.  To complete the meal a warm bread out of the oven.  Cornbread, biscuits, etc.  I absolutely adore bread with melting butter!


These are a few of my favorite things for Autumn.  I hope this list has inspired you and that you will take time to think of your favorite things.  In reflecting on these blessings I hope your heart fills with thanksgiving to God.  We are so blessed to be able to enjoy all of  our favorite things.  He is so GOOD!  Happy Autumn!

No comments: