Thursday, March 5, 2015

Winter Beauty

Hello!  Hope this post finds you doing well and surviving winter.  Here in Colorado we have a nice blanket of snow on the ground and on our roof tops.  This round of snow is now melting off too quickly as the temperature has been very chilly.  When it is cold like this it takes an extra toll on our skin as well as indoor heating.  As for myself, my hands always seem to suffer the most, even when I was a teen.  Now that I am older, my face suffers as well.  But this year, I think I have finally found products that are helping my years long battle with winter.

Pictured above is my face and hand arsenal for the winter.  The two supplements pictured are Krill Oil and Evening Primrose.  I found (through reading about my symptoms) that I was deficient in my Omega 3's & 6's.  As you know these oils help with many things in the body, but they help skin as well.  Since taking them I have notice a difference and my eczema is under better control.

I am still continuing to use the Emu Oil on my face.  As well as an Emugency stick, which is like a big chapstick.  I use it on dry patches that pop up on my face, but mostly I use it as a moisturizer for my delicate eye area.  It works great and is so easy to use.  Of course Burt's Bees lip balm is wonderful.  It is pure and simple and non-irritating to my system.

And then there is hand cream.  Of course I continue to use the Out of Africa which I sometimes also use on my face as well as my hands.  But I have found a new lotion that is wonderful as well.  Its from Bee Happy located here in Erie, Colorado.  I came across their products in a little shop I happened to browse in at Christmas-time.  I have been using the lotion for a few months now and I am happy to say it is wonderful stuff.  Here is their website if you would like to check them out: http://www.beehappylipbalm.com 

Other products that I have been using and am impressed with are flower waters.  I am using lavender water and rosewater & glycerin.  Both are refreshing and versatile.  They can be sprayed on the face after washing acting as a toner.  I think the Rosewater & Glycerin is my favorite for winter.  I use it as a body spray and think that it is a great way to get a little extra moisture after lotion is applied.  I also use the Rosewater & Glycerin in my hair before I blow dry it, which gives my hair a great smell as well as moisture & softness.  These flower waters can also be sprayed on a pillow at night for some aromatherapy benefits.

So these are my winter beauty tips.  I hope that these tips help and inspire you to enjoy winter. God bless!

No comments: