Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Response

I have studied up on the "purpose driven" thing enough to know that it is not the narrow path that Jesus talked about (Matthew 7:13-14).  Instead it is part of the wide path.  In review of 2016 our church leadership did some wide path stuff.  The good songs we used to sing have been replaced with music from groups such as Jesus Culture. There was the time that our pastors burned incense in a service.  And another time the band played the music so loud it was like we were at a rock concert.  One of our pastors stood up in service last year and praised the Azusa Now 2016 event.  A family in our congregation stood up to talk about Voice of the Martyrs ministry and said there would be a meeting after the service to know more.  Only a few people attended the meeting and none of our pastors showed up in support of it.  Now add in the "purpose driven" drivel and things are not looking good.  Jesus said to examine the fruit, because you will know a tree by it's fruit (Matthew 7:15-20).  Analysis: the fruit doesn't look good.   

Since our pastor said he wanted to meet with my hubby to discuss things, my hubby has been pushing for a date to meet, but as of yet no date has been set.  Our pastor said he would be sorry to see us go, but they are moving forward with this.  As he said in Sunday sermon the leadership has prayed about this and have decided that this is the way God wants them to go.  So in their opinion we are the ones going against God.  So not much to talk about when you put that spin on it and there probably won't be any meeting.  Anyway, we are going to attend church today, for one last time, as it is my turn to do nursery.  I want to let my nursery partner, whom I've worked with for years, know we are leaving and why.

I am so upset over the direction the church is going that I am barely sleeping.  I get a few hours here and there, but for the most part I am not sleeping.  In February it will be 7 years that we have been a part of this church.  I was thinking how we have been through so much with these people, the hardships with our sons, my surgery and complications afterwards, etc.  And all that comes to my mind right now are the words to a hymn:  All to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give.  I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.

Here are a few links to messages I have listened to regarding the wide path:
The Purpose Driven Lie
Sandy & Tim
Chris Rosenbrough - Rick Warren

No comments: