Sunday, September 4, 2016

"Use It Up" Update

Happy Labor Day y'all!  I can't believe it is September!  Well, being that it is a new month, its time for the "Use It Up" update.  I don't think I got through much this past month of August.  I was able to finish off the A La Maison Honeysuckle and the Thousand Flowers lotions.  Since I finished the lotions I put the soaps in storage and have moved on to other scents.  In the shower I am using lemon scented soap.  A friend gave me a bottle of South of France liquid soap in the scent lemon verbena.  Then I have my lemon scented shower gel from Germany.  Then I have a tube of Andalou Body Lotion in Citrus Verbena.  I have to say that Andalou body lotion is my favorite brand of lotion, it always smells good and feels so rich and thick, but goes on easily.  My skin always drinks it up like dessert.

In my bath I have a "green tea" theme going on.  I am using a bar of green tea soap which I really like.  It is handmade a la carte soap that I got at Whole Foods, but they don't seem to carry that brand any longer.  For lotion I am using A La Maison body lotion in the Green Tea scent.


As for purchases, I caved.  Some good things popped up at Marshal's.  Here they are pictured below:

I picked up this Autumn hand cream by "deep steep".  It is pretty spicy, but what I liked about it is the faint smell of apple.  I adore apple scented bath products as well as candles.

I also picked up this strawberry scented body wash and butter by "deep steep".  I really like the scent.  It is not overly sweet and somehow has a clean smell to it.  I look forward to using it in Spring/Summer 2017.

I also picked up this Rose Lilac soap by A La Maison.  I am pairing it with a tube of Andalou body lotion in the 1000 Roses scent.  Looking forward to using these in Spring 2017.

Here is a picture (sorry about the glare) of my bathroom where the bathtub is.  It also doubles as our guest bathroom.  I try to decorate it for the seasons.  This is the decor for Fall.  The "Love" decal is a scripture verse.  The decal is from Dollar Tree.  The sunflowers I picked up at Gordman's and the leaves in the center are from Walmart (last year).  Then I picked up towels to match at Kohl's (got them on clearance).  Really happy with how it turned out.  My daughter in-law said she always likes using the bathroom at my house because she enjoys how I change the decor with the seasons. 

By the way, that last summer event happened right on time.  I became a Grandma for the 3rd time on August 30th.  A very healthy 7 lb. boy named Myles.  Now I am going to be babysitting two boys while mommy works.  That will happen in November.  

No comments: