Monday, February 27, 2012

Update

I hope that you like the new look of the blog.  I was trying to come up with something different from House on the Hill, but after numerous hours at the computer, I just couldn't come up with anything that suited me better.

Well, I am happy to report that I am feeling better today.  The last couple of nights I was able to fall asleep with ease and stay asleep.  Still have some congestion and a cough, but the body aches are gone and I am feeling stronger.  As for the ankle, well, it still needs a boot because wearing a shoe hurts too much.  If I am just resting around the house, then I just wear my ankle wrap.  The bruising did a color change last week from purple, black & blue to the green & yellow stage.  It is still clearing this week.  And still have to pop Advil here and there for pain.  Poor ankle is slightly swollen at the end of the day as well as the bottom of my foot.  At the end of this week it will be 3 weeks since I injured it.  It is a bad sprain and I just pray that eventually it will heal and I won't have a permanent limp.   

As for Big Yellow Cottage, last week we had a nasty windstorm pass through.  Immediately after the windstorm was done it began to snow.  The wind cause quite a bit of damage, but fortunately for us, our new roof was put on before the storm came.  That was great news because we updated our shingles to high impact which can sustain winds up to 100 mph.  Anyway, continuing on about the damage.  Two sections of our fence in the backyard blew down.  It was so strong that we laid our BBQ on the deck and the wind pushed it off along with our patio furniture.  Also, one of the plastic domes that was over the basement window well was lifted and thrown over the house.  We did not know what had happened to it until today when we found pieces of it under the melted snow.  A piece of that dome also put a hole in one of our window screens.  Colorado does not have termites and it doesn't have fleas, but boy does it have nasty weather!

1 comment:

Chaos Cottage said...

Sorry about the nasty weather, but glad you are feeling better. We have avoided any winter bugs (illness) so far.