Monday, February 20, 2012

Rest

It seems I have been so busy for so long.  This week a couple things that are usually on the scheduled are off this week.  I probably won't get anything extra accomplished, but I am looking forward to some much needed rest.  Certainly, the location of Big Yellow Cottage invites rest. Below is a picture taken in our backyard by Mark.  Next to the tree is the wild bunny that lives on our property.  We also have birds and squirrels that like to visit our yard.  Their appearance makes it feel like we live in a park. 

I am happy to say that I finally got through a great deal of my ironing which was piled up in the spare bedroom (which we call the Red Room).  I am usually pretty good at getting clothes ironed, but tableclothes and placemats not so good.  I have had some items sitting in a laundry basket since December and I am happy to report that I finally got them ironed and put away.  Whew!  Vacuuming has fallen behind due to the confines of the boot.  I've been in it 1 week now and have another week to go.  My foot improves a little bit each day.  However, there were a few days in there that I felt improvement was moving much too slow.  Especially when one would like to enjoy a walk in the park or just grocery shop without pain.  For the most part I am just glad that I can walk.  :-)

No comments: