Saturday, August 27, 2011

Settling In

Well, we are completely moved over.  It took a while for us to get House on the Hill emptied and cleaned.  The Lord was so gracious and sent two girlfriends to help me clean.  Cleaning a house with nearly 3000 sq. ft. is a big job.  The Lord blessed our cleaning day.  We actually had fun!  Anyway, House on the Hill is now empty, despite some items in the garage.  I have given away so much stuff and will be giving away more as I go through unpacking here at Big Yellow Cottage.

I love our new home.  Just this week the former owner of Big Yellow Cottage stopped by.  She and her husband are Christians.  She said that they prayed over the house and I was so thrilled.  She pointed out some of our neighbors and said that we have many Christian neighbors.  Also, one of the neighbors came to visit with us.  She welcomed us to the neighborhood.  All of this has made me feel that this is where the Lord wants us to be.

2 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

this is one fancy looking place!! congratulations :-) happy unpacking. so glad it finally happened for you!!

Sharon said...

Hi Becky! I'm finally back to blogging and trying to link up with old blogging friends. Your new house looks great!