Friday, November 29, 2019

Thanksgiving

Sometimes when we are in the midst of trial, it is hard to be thankful.  That is the place I am in.  Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the blessings I have.  So very thankful for my husband, my home, my cats, my grandsons, my pastor, family and friends.  There is plenty to be thankful for.  But that exhilarating thankfulness that overflows and makes you want to praise the Lord...unfortunately that is lacking in me.

Wednesday we had our grandsons over which was a blessing.  Thanksgiving day, Mark and I enjoyed a very quiet day.  It worked well because I was not feeling my best and I am usually tired after having the boys over.  The Lord blessed me with peace for our Thanksgiving day and He blessed all the food that I prepared.  Everything came out so yummy.  But unfortunately a couple of things popped up health-wise to give me discomfort.  My left heel seems to be swollen and it is painful to walk or stand on.  I don't know why this has happened.  Then last night out of the blue a floater popped up in my eye.  I am going to the ophthalmologist this morning to get it checked out and make sure it is nothing serious.

This morning I came across an article talking about the signs pancreatic patients have when they are not absorbing nutrients from their food. I have the signs. Some of the signs have improved due to the pancreatic enzymes I am taking.  The dizziness I used to have is gone.  The numbness and tingling I had in my arms and legs is gone.  The extreme exhaustion has turned to fatigue. Then there is the fact that I have to clip my toenails more often.  It used to be that they hardly grew.  My eyelashes have grown longer which is nice.  There are other signs, but the one improvement I want the most, my hair, has not improved.

Also, I have changed my diet in the past few weeks.  I am now eating loads of animal protein.  I have always been more on the vegetarian end.  I have never fully excluded animal products, but have always been more about plant products.  I heard about the carnivore diet and got ideas.  I still eat fruit and veggies and some carbs, but way less.  So far my blood sugar levels have lowered and my digestion has improved.  In the past when I cut carbs my body had a fit.  I had read somewhere that when your body gets adequate protein it won't crave carbs.  Well that seems to be true because this time my body isn't having a fit and I am not craving carbs like I have all my life.

Well, this is all for now, better get going with my day.  Hope it turns out to be a blessed day and your day as well. 
  

No comments: