Saturday, November 9, 2019

Lights, Camera, Action

My hubby invited me to a lunch with his co-workers on Friday.  So I got dressed up with a little make-up and my new wig.  I told Mark I was coming in my wig and I think when it went well, he was happy.  He said no one knew it was a wig.  Next, I went to a doctor appointment.  My doctor loved it.  Today, we had our grandsons over.  I showed my oldest grandson this picture of me with the wig and he said I look normal.  So he approved of the wig.  ;-) 


We did our Thanksgiving craft of turkey hands made with sheet foam and feathers.  It always amazes me how much children grow year to year.  Last year I did not get to do turkey hands with the boys, but I am thankful I did this year.  Everett and I did a special picture together.  He did a turkey hand on paper and colored it.  Then I cut it out and we glued it to another picture we made together.  That picture was done with autumn leaves from the backyard that we put under a paper and then colored over the leaf getting the impression.  It turned out really nice and I do so adore children's artwork.  I am blessed because my fridge is covered with it.  :-)

Today I didn't wear a wig.  After wearing the wig for 6 or 7 hours yesterday with a wig grip, my head got a pressure sore.  The wig grip works if I only need to wear the wig for a couple hours.  In fact earlier in the week I went shopping in my wig.  It was a really windy day and my wig did not budge in that wind.  So wig grips work, but for all day I need to use the body glue so I don't get the pressure sores. 

No comments: