Monday, March 14, 2016

Nightly Face Care Routine for Older Gals

I thought I would post my very simple nightly face care routine.  I am in my 50's and prone to eczema.  It took me awhile to discover products that work well for my stage in life.  I've been using these same three products for quite awhile now and thought I'd share them.
Step one is cleansing the skin.  This Cetaphil soap is great!  I've been using it since 2014 and it is very gentle and never dries my face out.  I only wash my face once a day and when I do I use this soap. 

Second step is moisturizing, which is a two step process for me.  Pictured above is the first step in my moisturizing process.  It's like a fat chapstick, so it is very easy to apply where I need it.  I use this on my eyelids and underneath my eyes.  I also apply it around my mouth, around my nose area and upper lip and the bottom of my chin. I used to get dry patches in these areas, but since using this very convenient stick everything has cleared up and is staying that way.  I also use this stick on my chapped lips and it works wonders.

This is the second step in my moisturizing process.  Out of Africa Shea Butter Hand Lotion has been a blessing.  From the first time I used it I fell in love.  I use it all over my face after applying the Emu oil stick.  In the couple of years that I have been using this lotion I have not had any negative reaction and my skin has stayed nicely moisturized.  Oh, yes, it works well on hands too. LOL  Anyway, I highly recommend it.

So these are the three products I use in my nightly face routine.  Its a very simple and low maintenance skin care routine that has kept my skin healthy for a few years now.  I hope this helps.  Take good care & God bless!  
 

No comments: