Thursday, September 4, 2014

BUS Update

Today I took a number of things out of my BUS and gifted them.  With all the trouble I have been having with my skin I went to my GP.  Well, that visit did not turn out as I would have liked, but she did get me to thinking that possibly my skin is having a reaction to products I am using.  She also said that living in Colorado with all the dryness can cause problems, not to mention age plays a part too.  Its a triple whammy!  I had the day off from my job today, so I decided to do some research.  That led me to the BUS and eliminating things that are not the best for sensitive skin. Gifting the items from the BUS was great because I made some one happy.  Always feels so good to make someone happy.

So my new beauty routine for sensitive skin is evolving slowly.  One product I am using is Bragg's apple cider vinegar with the mother.  I use that as an antiseptic & toner.  It works really well.  Of course the smell is nothing to be desired, but the results outweigh that matter.  The other product I am using is Emu oil.  It has antibacterial properties and on top of that, it is so non-irritating it is like putting water on your skin.  It is highly moisturizing and my skin seems to love it.  I am also using Neem oil, which is also anti-bacterial as well as anti-fungal.  It too has a funky smell, but it wears off.  I use the Neem oil on other areas of my skin as the Neem is a little too harsh for my face.

I also came across information that castile soap is very gentle.  It does not strip the skin of oils as other soaps do.  So my husband convincing me to join him on the castile soap bandwagon is a God thing. It looks like castile soap is in my future.  So that is my BUS update.  As my beauty routine continues to evolve I will keep you updated.

No comments: