Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blogging Slump & Hubby Home!

Well, with Mark being gone, I have not had the time nor the desire to blog.  Plus I am still unpacking boxes and arranging where everything should go.  Next weekend my in-laws will be coming.  I've been working on the guest room trying to decorate.  It has been a challenge since the room is painted a deep red.  Eventually, I will paint, but for now red will have to do.  

Mark is finally home from his business trip.  Eleven days without hubby seems like a long time.  But then I remember those who serve in our county's armed forces.  Okay, from that view eleven days is not bad.  Yes, with the Lord's help, I made it through and I am amazed.  Believe me, He really worked a miracle...I barely complained.  Okay, so I grumbled and whined a bit when hubby got to see the amazing Niagara Falls and I didn't.  I've been wanting to see those falls since I saw them in an old View Master when I was 5 years old.  Sigh.  Someday I will get there (Lord willing).

No I missed my hubby, that is for sure, especially so when my two sons were quite the challenge.  But something about this whole trial was different this time.  I am trying to think...hmm.  Okay, I think maybe I can say that I have grown in the Lord.  I trusted Him to see me through.  I chose to see it differently.  Of course when our husbands leave we worry that something will happen, but this time I chose to let go of the worry.  I chose to see it as a time to see how the Lord would provide for me each day.  All I can say is that it was an amazing time, but I am very glad to have my hubby back.

2 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

glad you're getting him back safely :-)

sherry said...

it's always a lovely thing when our hubbies are back home and we're safe in their embrace. yes. :o)