Sunday, October 18, 2015

Tribulation

Have you experienced tribulation?  I am sure you are answering "yes" to that question.  All of us have tribulation. Tribulation is defined as a state of great trouble or suffering.  Tribulation surfaces in our personal lives, in the lives of those around us and in the world.  It is a part of daily living here on planet earth, but for those of us who follow Jesus Christ there is extra tribulation.  As 2 Timothy 3:12 says, "Yea, and all that would live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." Persecution is defined as hostility and ill treatment.  So as a Christian it is a given that at some point I will face some kind of hostility or ill treatment due to my faith.   

In Matthew 5:10-12 Jesus says this:  "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12"Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

I have not endured physical persecution, but I have endured hostility, false words against me and loss of relationship.  It hurts when these things happen, especially at the hands of those who are supposed to love us. That is why the Lord said we have to love Him more than our father, brother, mother, children, etc.  To be honest, there are times I have wanted to lash back, but then I remember vengeance belongs to the Lord.  I also remember how the Lord wants us to love our enemies and do good to those who would spitefully use us.  It is a sad day when a loved one becomes an enemy, but then it is all spiritual as it says in Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

So, I went to the Lord and told Him that I forgive these people. I sure did not feel like doing that, but our Lord commands us to forgive.  Once I spoke my forgiveness to the Father, the chains were broken.  Then the above verses washed and cleansed the hurt and brought comfort. It is my hope that in some small way this post has helped you to deal with your tribulation.  God bless and keep saying those prayers...its critical.  ;-)

No comments: